By Mary Cross
To what volume does a person's personal good fortune bring about social transformation? This e-book deals a hundred solutions, supplying thought-provoking examples of the way American tradition used to be formed inside an important period of time through members whose lives and ideas have been significant brokers of change.
Read Online or Download 100 People Who Changed 20th-Century America [2 volumes] PDF
Similar historical reference books
Guinea-Bissau is a small nation in West Africa, and but it controlled to wrest its independence from Portugal again in 1973, on the expense of an extended and sour fight opposed to doubtless implacable odds. This was once a time to be pleased with, and there has been additionally a second approximately 20 years in the past, while it gave the impression of a trendsetter for democracy.
In Friendship and Politics in Post-Revolutionary France, Sarah Horowitz brings jointly the political and cultural historical past of post-revolutionary France to light up how French society spoke back to and recovered from the upheaval of the French Revolution. The Revolution resulted in a heightened experience of mistrust and divided the country alongside ideological strains.
Über die formative Kraft der bürgerlichen Geschlechterdichotomie im Verständnis der Wissenschaft des 18. und 19. Jahrhunderts. Richtige Wissenschaft kann nur von Männern gemacht werden - so die Vorstellungswelt, aus der die deutsche Geschichtswissenschaft im späten 18. und 19. Jahrhundert entstanden ist.
First released in 1989, this dictionary of the full box of the actual sciences is a useful consultant in the course of the altering terminology and practices of clinical study. prepared alphabetically, it strains how the which means of clinical phrases have replaced over the years. It covers a variety of themes together with voyages, observations, magnetism and pendulums, and imperative topics akin to atom, valency and effort.
- Historical Dictionary of United States-Russian/Soviet Relations (Historical Dictionaries of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations)
- Encyclopedia of American Recessions and Depressions [2 volumes]
- Präsenz und Evidenz fremder Dinge im Europa des 18. Jahrhunderts (Das achtzehnte Jahrhundert - Supplementa 19) (German Edition)
- The Wiley-Blackwell Dictionary of Modern European History Since 1789
- The Struggle for Madrid: The Central Epic of the Spanish Conflict 1936-1937
- Der Maya-Kalender 1100-1001 v.Chr.: Haab - Tzolkin - Long Count für jeden einzelnen Tag (German Edition)
Additional info for 100 People Who Changed 20th-Century America [2 volumes]