By Tom Lansford Ph.D.
This e-book analyzes the complicated factors and results of the September eleven, 2001, terrorist assaults either locally and the world over, and examines the following wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
• presents insightful fees from modern figures and first records starting from Osama bin Laden's 1998 fatwa opposed to the USA to the 2006 Iraq research workforce Report
• comprises 12 biographies starting from Osama bin encumbered to George W. Bush that supply precise historical past on very important figures from the era
• offers a chronology of occasions from the Nineteen Seventies to the current day, together with occurrences resulting in the September eleven, 2001, assaults and the Iraq War
• contains a decide upon bibliography of significant works at the September eleven, 2001, assaults; the conflict in Iraq; place of origin protection; and the warfare on terror
• includes a precise thesaurus of key phrases resembling "Shiite" and "weapons of mass destruction"
Read Online or Download 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide PDF
Similar historical reference books
Guinea-Bissau is a small state in West Africa, and but it controlled to wrest its independence from Portugal again in 1973, on the fee of an extended and sour fight opposed to possible implacable odds. This used to be a time to be happy with, and there has been additionally a second approximately twenty years in the past, whilst it seemed like a trendsetter for democracy.
In Friendship and Politics in Post-Revolutionary France, Sarah Horowitz brings jointly the political and cultural heritage of post-revolutionary France to light up how French society replied to and recovered from the upheaval of the French Revolution. The Revolution resulted in a heightened feel of mistrust and divided the state alongside ideological traces.
Über die formative Kraft der bürgerlichen Geschlechterdichotomie im Verständnis der Wissenschaft des 18. und 19. Jahrhunderts. Richtige Wissenschaft kann nur von Männern gemacht werden - so die Vorstellungswelt, aus der die deutsche Geschichtswissenschaft im späten 18. und 19. Jahrhundert entstanden ist.
First released in 1989, this dictionary of the total box of the actual sciences is a useful advisor during the altering terminology and practices of clinical examine. prepared alphabetically, it lines how the which means of medical phrases have replaced over the years. It covers a variety of themes together with voyages, observations, magnetism and pendulums, and valuable matters equivalent to atom, valency and effort.
- Medieval Italy: An Encyclopedia (Routledge Encyclopedias of the Middle Ages)
- Historical Dictionary of The Gambia (Historical Dictionaries of Africa)
- Historical Dictionary of Switzerland (Historical Dictionaries of Europe)
- Historical Dictionary of Israel (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East)
- Makers of the Russian Revolution: Biographies: Volume 4 (Routledge Library Editions: The Russian Revolution)
Additional info for 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide