By Jeremy D. Popkin
Written for trendy undergraduates, this up to date survey of the French Revolution and Napoleonic period deals a concise replacement to the longer texts geared to complex examine within the box. this article introduces scholars to the most important occasions that contain the tale of the French Revolution; to different ways that historians have interpreted those occasion; to the political, social, and cultural origins of the Revolution; and to fresh scholarship within the field.
Read or Download A Short History of the French Revolution (Subscription) PDF
Similar historical reference books
Guinea-Bissau is a small state in West Africa, and but it controlled to wrest its independence from Portugal again in 1973, on the price of an extended and sour fight opposed to doubtless implacable odds. This was once a time to be happy with, and there has been additionally a second approximately 20 years in the past, while it gave the look of a trendsetter for democracy.
In Friendship and Politics in Post-Revolutionary France, Sarah Horowitz brings jointly the political and cultural heritage of post-revolutionary France to light up how French society replied to and recovered from the upheaval of the French Revolution. The Revolution ended in a heightened experience of mistrust and divided the country alongside ideological strains.
Über die formative Kraft der bürgerlichen Geschlechterdichotomie im Verständnis der Wissenschaft des 18. und 19. Jahrhunderts. Richtige Wissenschaft kann nur von Männern gemacht werden - so die Vorstellungswelt, aus der die deutsche Geschichtswissenschaft im späten 18. und 19. Jahrhundert entstanden ist.
First released in 1989, this dictionary of the full box of the actual sciences is a useful advisor during the altering terminology and practices of medical examine. prepared alphabetically, it lines how the which means of clinical phrases have replaced through the years. It covers quite a lot of subject matters together with voyages, observations, magnetism and pendulums, and imperative matters corresponding to atom, valency and effort.
- Lettre internationale: Geschichte einer europäischen Zeitschrift (German Edition)
- Historical Dictionary of the Napoleonic Era (Historical Dictionaries of Ancient Civilizations and Historical Eras)
- A Companion to the Roman Empire: 44 BC-AD 337 (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Wars That Changed History: 50 of the World's Greatest Conflicts: 50 of the World's Greatest Conflicts
- Der Maya-Kalender 1101-1200 n.Chr.: Haab - Tzolkin - Long Count für jeden einzelnen Tag (German Edition)
- Historical Dictionary of the Gilded Age (Historical Dictionaries of U.S. Politics and Political Eras)
Additional resources for A Short History of the French Revolution (Subscription)