By Leena Eilittä,Catherine Riccio-Berry,James Cisneros,Jacinto Fombona Iribarren,Klara Franz,Tobias Hermans,Antonio J. Jimenez-Munoz,Norman Kasper,Martina Moeller,Sabine Müller,Asko Nivala,Mattias Pirholt,Karl Schawelka,Arne Stollberg
Read or Download Afterlives of Romantic Intermediality: The Intersection of Visual, Aural, and Verbal Frontiers PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
During the last century or extra, the genres of delusion, horror, and supernatural fiction have more and more improved past literature and into an array of media—film, tv, comedian books, and paintings. some of the best figures within the box have interaction in multimedia companies that let their paintings to arrive a wider public than the mere readers of books.
Within the context of the present explosion of curiosity in Gothic literature and pop culture, this interdisciplinary number of essays explores for the 1st time the wealthy and long-standing courting among warfare and the Gothic. Critics have defined the worldwide Seven Year’s warfare because the "crucible" from which the Gothic style emerged within the eighteenth century.
Deanna Fernie analyzes the importance of sculpture in Hawthorne's fiction during the ordinary motif of the fragment in its double guise as destroy and venture. Her e-book casts new gentle on Hawthorne's memorable ruined and unfinished pictures, from the rough-hewn figurehead of 'Drowne's wood snapshot' (1844) to the tattered letter 'A' within the unfinished loft of the customized condo within the Scarlet Letter (1850) and the incomplete bust of Donatello within the Marble Faun (1860).
Surrealism and the Gothic is the 1st book-length research of the function performed through the gothic in either the preliminary emergence of surrealism and at key moments in its next improvement as an paintings and literary flow. The e-book argues the powerful and sustained impact, not just of the vintage gothic novel itself – Ann Radcliffe, Charles Maturin, Matthew Lewis, and so on.
- Romantic Englishness: Local, National and Global Selves, 1780-1850 (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
- The Mask and the Quill: Actress-Writers in Germany from Enlightenment to Romanticism (New Studies in the Age of Goethe)
- The Military Memoir and Romantic Literary Culture, 1780–1835 (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Hemispheric Regionalism: Romance and the Geography of Genre (Imagining the Americas)
- Romantic Readers and Transatlantic Travel: Expeditions and Tours in North America, 1760–1840 (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
Additional info for Afterlives of Romantic Intermediality: The Intersection of Visual, Aural, and Verbal Frontiers