By Gavin J. Andrews,David R. Phillips
During fresh years, an expanding volume of educational examine has interested in older individuals with a specific emphasis on settings, areas and areas. This publication offers a finished assessment of study and the coverage region of 'ageing and place'.
An insightful ebook on a massive subject, Andrews and Phillips have jointly edited a beneficial info and reference resource for people with pursuits within the spatial dimensions of growing older within the twenty-first century. starting from macro-scale views at the distribution of older populations on nationwide scales, to the which means of particular neighborhood areas and settings to older contributors, at the micro-scale, the publication spans a complete diversity of study traditions and foreign perspectives.
Read Online or Download Ageing and Place (Routledge Studies in Human Geography) PDF
Best human geography books
Baetica, the present-day zone of Andalusia in southern Spain, used to be the wealthiest province of the Roman Empire. Its society used to be dynamic and marked through upward social and fiscal mobility, because the imperial peace allowed the emergence of a considerable heart social and monetary stratum. certainly, so jointly helpful used to be the imposition of Roman rule at the neighborhood inhabitants of Baetica that it calls for a brand new realizing of the connection among Imperial Rome and its provinces.
First released in 1988. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Written via one of many world's major political geographers, this totally revised and up-to-date textbook examines the dramatic alterations wrought by way of ideological, monetary, socio-cultural and demographic alterations unleashed because the finish of the chilly struggle. Saul Cohen considers those forces within the context in their human and actual settings, and explores their geographical impact on international coverage and diplomacy.
Forests are alive, jam-packed with wealthy, biologically advanced lifestyles varieties and the interrelationships of a number of species and fabrics. prone to a number of adjusting stipulations during this worldwide period, forests are in danger as by no means prior to. New markets in carbon and environmental companies allure speculators.
- Motion Pictures and the Image of the City: A Documentary Interpretation (Film und Bewegtbild in Kultur und Gesellschaft)
- The Mountains That Remade America: How Sierra Nevada Geology Impacts Modern Life
- EcoJustice Education: Toward Diverse, Democratic, and Sustainable Communities (Sociocultural, Political, and Historical Studies in Education)
- Quantitative Methods in Tourism Economics
- Fortifications, Post-colonialism and Power: Ruins and Imperial Legacies (Heritage, Culture and Identity)
- Activist Citizenship and the LGBT Movement in Serbia: Belonging, Critical Engagement, and Transformation
Extra info for Ageing and Place (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)