By Yuri Tschinkel,Yuri Zarhin
invited expository and study articles on new advancements bobbing up from
Manin’s remarkable contributions to mathematics.
Read or Download Algebra, Arithmetic, and Geometry: Volume I: In Honor of Yu. I. Manin: 269 (Progress in Mathematics) PDF
Similar number theory books
Lattices are geometric gadgets that may be pictorially defined because the set of intersection issues of an unlimited, typical n-dimensional grid. De spite their obvious simplicity, lattices conceal a wealthy combinatorial struc ture, which has attracted the eye of significant mathematicians over the past centuries.
This publication provides what in our opinion constitutes the root of the idea of the mu-calculus, regarded as an algebraic method instead of a common sense. we have now wanted to provide the topic in a unified approach, and in a sort as normal as attainable. hence, our emphasis is at the generality of the fixed-point notation, and at the connections among mu-calculus, video games, and automata, which we additionally clarify in an algebraic manner.
The neighborhood Langlands Conjecture for GL(2) contributes an unparalleled textual content to the so-called Langlands conception. it truly is an formidable learn application of already forty years and provides a whole and self-contained evidence of the Langlands conjecture within the case n=2. it really is aimed toward graduate scholars and at researchers in similar fields.
Das zweibändige Werk behandelt die Mathematik und ihre Geschichte. Die sorgfältige examine dessen, was once die Alten bewiesen, führt zu einem besseren Verständnis und größerer Motivation im Umgang mit heutiger Mathematik. Die Themen des 1. Bandes reichen von der Konstruktion der reellen Zahlen mittels dedekindscher Schnitte bis hin zum Fundamentalsatz der Algebra.
- An Introduction to Diophantine Equations
- Quadratic Irrationals: An Introduction to Classical Number Theory (Chapman & Hall/CRC Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- The Colorado Mathematical Olympiad: The Third Decade and Further Explorations: From the Mountains of Colorado to the Peaks of Mathematics
- Unit Equations in Diophantine Number Theory (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- Analytic Number Theory, Approximation Theory, and Special Functions: In Honor of Hari M. Srivastava
Extra resources for Algebra, Arithmetic, and Geometry: Volume I: In Honor of Yu. I. Manin: 269 (Progress in Mathematics)