By Martin Jones,Rhys Jones,Michael Woods,Mark Whitehead,Deborah Dixon,Matthew Hannah
An creation to Political Geography keeps to supply a broad-based advent to modern political geography for college students following undergraduate measure classes in geography and similar matters.
The text explores the entire breadth of latest political geography, protecting not just conventional matters corresponding to the country, geopolitics, electoral geography and nationalism; but additionally expanding very important parts on the state of the art of political geography study together with globalization, the geographies of rules and governance, geographies of coverage formula and supply, and subject matters on the intersection of political and cultural geography, together with the politics of position intake, landscapes of energy, citizenship, id politics and geographies of mobilization and resistance.
This moment edition builds at the strengths of the 1st. the most alterations and improvements are:
- four new chapters on: political geographies of globalization, geographies of empire, political geography and the surroundings and geopolitics and important geopolitics
- significant updating and revision of the present chapters to debate key advancements, drawing on fresh educational contributions and political events
- new case reports, drawing on progressively more foreign and worldwide examples
- additional containers for key suggestions and an enlarged glossary.
As with the 1st variation, broad use is made up of case learn examples, illustrations, explanatory bins, publications to extra interpreting and a word list of key words to provide the cloth in an simply available demeanour. via employment of those innovations this book introduces scholars to contributions from a number social and political theories within the context of empirical case research examples. by way of delivering a simple creation to such strategies and pointing to pathways into extra professional fabric, this publication serves either as a middle textual content for first- and moment- 12 months classes in political geography, and as a source along supplementary textbooks for extra professional 3rd yr courses.
Read or Download An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics PDF
Similar human geography books
Baetica, the present-day quarter of Andalusia in southern Spain, was once the wealthiest province of the Roman Empire. Its society used to be dynamic and marked via upward social and financial mobility, because the imperial peace allowed the emergence of a considerable heart social and monetary stratum. certainly, so jointly precious used to be the imposition of Roman rule at the neighborhood inhabitants of Baetica that it calls for a brand new figuring out of the connection among Imperial Rome and its provinces.
First released in 1988. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Written through one of many world's major political geographers, this totally revised and up to date textbook examines the dramatic adjustments wrought through ideological, fiscal, socio-cultural and demographic alterations unleashed because the finish of the chilly conflict. Saul Cohen considers those forces within the context in their human and actual settings, and explores their geographical impression on overseas coverage and diplomacy.
Forests are alive, choked with wealthy, biologically advanced lifestyles types and the interrelationships of a number of species and fabrics. susceptible to a number of adjusting stipulations during this worldwide period, forests are in danger as by no means sooner than. New markets in carbon and environmental prone allure speculators.
- Heartlands of Eurasia: The Geopolitics of Political Space
- The Geography of State Policies (Routledge Library Editions: Political Geography): Volume 4
- Governing Metropolitan Transport: Institutional Solutions for Policy Problems (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Institutions and Geographical Patterns: Volume 13 (Routledge Library Editions: Human Geography)
- Timescapes of Modernity: The Environment and Invisible Hazards (Global Environmental Change (Hardcover))
Extra resources for An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics