By Erdmute Alber,Heike Drotbohm
Read or Download Anthropological Perspectives on Care: Work, Kinship, and the Life-Course PDF
Best anthropology books
The Peoples of Southeast Asia this day bargains an anthropological remedy of the ethnography and ethnology of Southeast Asia, overlaying either the mainland and the insular areas. in response to the proposition that Southeast Asia is a real tradition quarter, the booklet bargains heritage info on geography, languages, prehistory and historical past, with a selected emphasis at the position of colonialism and the advance of ethnic pluralism.
Sartre and No baby Left at the back of: An Existential Psychoanalytic Anthropology of city education asks basic questions: “Who do scholars develop into due to inhabiting impoverished city faculties for 8 hours an afternoon, 5 days per week, over the process numerous years? What occurs to the hearts, minds, and spirits of those teenagers?
Regardless of contemporary advancements in epigraphy, ethnopoetics, and the literary research of colonial and sleek fabrics, few stories have in comparison glyphic texts and old Maya literatures. Parallel Worlds examines Maya writing and literary traditions from the vintage interval till this day, revealing extraordinary continuities throughout time.
This edited quantity considers the U. S. -Mexico football contention, which happens opposed to a fancy geo-political, social, and fiscal backdrop. Multidisciplinary contributions discover how a protracted and intricate background among those nations has produced a special rivalry—one during which loyalties break up family and friends; fan turnout in lots of areas of the U.
- Early Inuit Studies: Themes and Transitions, 1850s-1980s
- Writing the World of Policing: The Difference Ethnography Makes
- Cultural Politics in the Age of Austerity (The Cultural Politics of Media and Popular Culture)
- Moroccan Fashion: Design, Culture and Tradition (Dress and Fashion Research)
- Empowering Interactions: Political Cultures and the Emergence of the State in Europe 1300–1900
- Russian Jews on Three Continents: Identity, Integration, and Conflict
Extra info for Anthropological Perspectives on Care: Work, Kinship, and the Life-Course